Saturday, October 3, 2009

STOP THE VIOLENCE!!

When are we gonna wake up and realize that violence is never the answer??

Just recently we see a 16 being beaten to death and it was videotaped (SMH), boy was a honor roll student, some are saying he was in a gang and because he made the honor roll the media is not mentioning his gang activities.
Personally, its not about him being in a gang, its not about him living in Chicago, its not about him making the honor roll, its about him being 16 years of age and dying!!! The age count is lowering man and its moving fast. We need to stop this, and no disrespect to anyone but this starts at home. I know a parent can only do so much and no matter what that parent says, a child is gonna do what a child wants to do (adults too) but when you decide to be a parent, I believe it is now your life's goal to make sure that your child(ren) do the right thing!
Derrion Albert's case broke my heart, and if you dont know who he is, google him. I made an attempt to write about it but I was too heartbroken so the only thing I could do was post a letter rapper Nas wrote in reference to his situation and to the young warriors. Its not too far down on my blog, if you wish to read it, go ahead and do so, I urge you to, read & send it around, we need to stop this before we all die by the hands of our own people.

Please pray for his loved ones.
RIP Derrion Albert.

Now, I'm no fan of the show, never even seen an episode but I just happen to be online when someone mentioned that singer Kandi that is now the latest "housewife" on Real Housewives of Atlanta lost her fiance (or ex-fiance, whatever the case may be) in a brawl recently (like within this 3 day span) and all I could do was shake my head. 'Beaten to death' was the headline. My sources state that AJ (Kandi's fiance) was a promoter for the strip club (Body Tap Exclusive in Atlanta) and was hit in the head. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he succumb to his injuries.
Now his children have to go on without a father. SMH. Please say a prayer for them and all of AJ's loved ones.

R.I.P AJ.

Another violent situation, sad to report on, dancehall producer and artist Esco (formerly of the duo Leftside & Esco) was in an altercation at a barbershop in Kingston where he was allegedly gun-butted and was rushed to the hospital. Thankfully that's all that happened and he's still alive.
Come on folks do better, this violence bullsh*t is not cutting it, what's the reason for this?? I really dont like writing nor reading about this and it's not solving anything, only making a situation worse, so PLEASE STOP!!!
God was on your side Esco, give thanx for life.

Like Wayne Marshall said, "judgement gonna eat them alive" and I have to agree, leave them to time and God I say, but until then we have to start with the young'ns, its never too young to teach them what values are, how to respect yourself and others, having morals, goals, how to believe and achieve, IT IS NEVER TOO LATE!.

I was raised on the saying 'it takes a village to raise a child, but all i'm seeing is individuals doing their own thing, just because it is not your child doesnt mean you shouldnt have a hand in that child's development! come one man, lets do better pleaseeeee and thank you.

No comments: