Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Janelle Monae come alive!


Her name is Janelle Monae and I love her!
I've been hearing about her for a long while but never listened to any of her tracks till sometime this year and I must say her music is beautiful.
Her album Metropolis: The Chase Suite has been mixed a few times and each time a new track has been added, I urge you to go get that album.
Cindi Mayweather, the heroine of The Chase is an "Alpha Platinum 9000 android." She is on the run because she's fallen in love with a human being, a situation that is verboten in the future landscape of Metropolis.


Janelle recording her new single "Come Alive" (The war of the roses)

If you like what you see so far, click the link to download the song here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/66588789419816a5/

Here is Miss Monae performing my favorite song off her album; Sincerely, Jane.
She's like a combination of Grace Jones, Erykah Badu and Lauryn Hill all mixed together.

No comments: